Friday, January 25, 2008

thinking about food...


Heaven and Earth are full of his Glory... So is Eggplant...

You inspired me Danae... :) I've been thinking a lot lately and Steve and I have certainly been talking for months about how wonderful it will be when we're married and we can eat what we want when we want and how we want haha at first read you think we can't wait to order pizza and take out chinese or a half gallon of ice cream isn't that what most young people who are suddenly in command of their own diets want to do... haha Thats not the case for us Steve and I can't wait to eat whole healthful foods! We can wait to go buy fresh fish that I steam with fresh veggies and brown rice... We can't wait to eat quinoa and Kale... Why don't we eat this way now well... We or I am cooking for my family my mom and my sister or my Dad and my brother all would crinkle their nose in a funny weird way if i even tried to make Mahi Mahi en pappiollte with cous cous and wilted escarole. If i brought any kind of fish in the house no one would have any interest. If I made Quinoa with fresh chopped mint dried cherries and pine nuts under a balsamic glazed game hen they'd ask me where the mashed potatoes were... Organic and tofu are dirty words in my family haha I love food and I love and can't wait to have my own kitchen in which to create these delicious delicacies of taste and good nutrition... Steve and I can't wait to eat good food food that nourishes our bodies and promotes good health... If we lost weight even better! Don't get me wrong we both LOVE pizza and cheesy gooey stuff and deep fried yumminess Our New Years tradition is tempura but that aside We're really excited about having the ability to eat good healful food and not to boast but i can make all of that healthy low fat whole grain high fiber food taste like you ordered it off a restaurant menu :) Its so exciting we talk about it almost every time we're at the store how much fun it will be to make and create food thats delicious and unique and good for us... I can't wait... on a side note we went to the grocery store today and we did soooo good we got so much good stuff and didn't break the bank i'm proud of us haha

2 comments:

Danae said...

all those dishes sound so good and fresh! It feels so good to eat things that are good for you, with treats on the side!! I can't wait to come over for dinner!:)

Deaira Dea said...

I can't wait to have people over for dinner!!