Monday, January 21, 2008

God's best for ME!!!






I prayed since I was 19 years old that someday God would bring me the man of my dreams. I wanted His perfect plan and will for my life... I knew I could never find that love, that man on my own... So I waited I trusted I cried and prayed through my loneliness. I watched all of my childhood friends get married and start families and I tickled and kissed their precious babies and I kept waiting knowing someday God would bring me His best for me... His most perfect gift... that gift I prayed for every day... that list of wishes and wants "Dear God please let my husband be intelligent" and "Dear God please let me love my husbands family like I love my own" ...


I met Steve... I wasn't looking for any kind of relationship I think I've said that before neither was he... but here we were and its amazing to look back and see how God worked how he orchestrated the whole thing... every step of the way even before we knew each other God brought Steve to me from 3000 miles away and God delivered my husband(to be) safely to my Myspace page :)


As soon as we met Steve was like a breath of fresh air... I always wanted an intelligent conversationalist someone i could grow old with and talk to about everything... haha Steve is an intelligent conversationalist and I love the way he thinks!!! NEWSFLASH tho here's the curve ball Steve is soooo funny he's so silly and cute and goofy I think we laugh together as much as we talk together... Sometimes I feel like I never really smiled until he came into my life... I'd smile but they weren't light up the night radiating with joy smiles! I never prayed for a funny goofy guy that made me laugh radiating joyful smiles sure I'd thought I'd like someone with a sense of humor that went without saying but a goofy guy that would have me in stitches and doing silly cheesy things oh no I'm much too adult for that stuff HAHA yeah right God knew better... God knew I needed to laugh and be silly and be cute...


Still... I prayed from the day I met Steve and everyday for the rest of my life I pray that God would direct our path. I pray that God would be in control. I pray that God would shape me into the wife Steve needs and that God would be shaping Steve into the husband I need. Isn't it funny how its so easy to see where others are lacking than our own failures until their so wonderfully pointed out to us by God or our partners HAHA I prayed and I waited still trusting the Lord to show me to show me he's working he's answering my prayers...


HE IS!!!! And how he is.... hahaha Ever Since I got home from Texas I see everyday how God has worked in Steve what God has taught Steve. Where He has brought Steve... My silly goofy adorable Steve the man who makes me smile so bright and wide Cheesy as pizza pie... He IS GOD's best for me and it becomes abundantly clearer with each passing day.


Steve is a man who will sacrifice for our family. Steve is a man who is going to work hard and trust the Lord every day of our life. Steve is going to stand tall and lead our family. Steve is going to be the spiritual leader of our home. Steve is the answer to all of my prayers about what I wanted in a husband AND he's everything I forgot he's the things that God knew I needed in a husband including someone to pick me up dust me off and encourage me... He's such a wonderful perfect man and even with that grounding that firmness in what is best for us his sacrificial yielding nature to take care of me to protect me to serve me and be strong for me he is and will always be the man who makes me smile right down to my toes.... :)


2 comments:

Deaira Dea said...

I love his face... I love that twinkle in his eye! Thats the face of the man I love... someday soon I get to wake up every morning and see that face!!!

Danae said...

He is so cute, isn't he?? I am so happy for you! Finding your soul mate really is the greatest gift God gives us, besides Himself.