Saturday, February 2, 2008

Let them eat Cake....

Another one bites the dust... another wedding chore that is... Steve and i have decided on our wedding cake and I'm thrilled with it... The woman who owns the company we're booking thru her name is Dee haha it was like a sign if i believed in signs... haha Anyways Monday Steve and I went and had an appointment with this woman and we got to taste delicious decadent yummy wonderful cake! It was love at first bite for both of us. My original plan as previously mentioned was to bake my own cake with Tiffany's ( my bestfriend) help. Steve and i started talking and thinking and looking at timing and we decided trying to squeak out a pretty professional wedding cake for ourselves was just too much last minute stress on me... ( isn't he wonderful man he's soooo good!) So we talked about it decided how much we were willing to spend on such a delicious delightful confection and we started researching... We went to an appointment or 2 before we found it. Our cake will be 3 tiers very similar looking to the one pictured above but i'm putting my own twist on the design and since our wedding is in the fall we've decided to go with fall flavors... They also happen to be the ones that were love at first bite! We'll be having Almond poppy seed cake with Almond buttercream filling and Pumpkin cake with vanilla custard... I can't even begin to describe how amazing these cakes tasted!!! We're also considering some simpler sheet cakes for our guests who have tastes more "vanilla" than ours. Regardless Steve now feels like i'm more excited for our wedding because of my flowers and cuz i get to eat that delicious cake again than I am becoming his wife.... PREPOSTEROUS!!! The most exciting thing is becoming his wife... cake, flowers and a beautiful dress... well they're tied for second...

1 comment:

Danae said...

ok that cake is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! It's so elegant! And the flavors sound so yummy too!
And let's definitely go out on that double date! I haven't had sushi in a while...:)Would a Tuesday or Wednesday night work?