Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I love to bake....

I have to say baking is one of my most favorite things... O wish I could do it all the time... piles of cookies and luscious cakes... Super Candies and soft pillowy bread... Its Christmas the traditional time of year for warm ovens spilling forth sugary crumbly sweet goodies.... Oh how I wish I had more time more sugar flour butter and vanilla... I wish I had a huge house with 2 or 3 ovens and enough counter space to invite all of my friends over to bake cookies and make candies... My Aunt Sherry makes these delicious chewy butter toffees!!! and fudge... is there a more perfect way to eat chocolate? I wanna bake piles of cookies.... cinnamony cakey sour cream cookies and perfect chocolate chip cookies... chewy oatmeal raisin... and I saw Paula Deen make something called a chocolate gob the other day with a name like that it begs to be devoured... I am dying for a moist chewy molasses cookie spicy with just enough ginger... Of course I torture myself with the food network ( Thank you God that we get free cable from my husband's employer!) where every show now is holiday this or Christmas cookie that... I wanna bake it all! Every year my recipe collection doubles... Everyone has a favorite holiday cookies and treats anyone wanna share? Steve asked if we could decorate cookies together I'm very excited about that we can make our own traditions... I can almost imagine his eyes sparkling with child like enthusiasm when we put candy sprinkles on a frosted sugar cookie!




1 comment:

Tiffany Ann Detweiler said...

This post has totally made me hungry and now I must go bake something! LOL