Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A day of 100 cravings....

I think I had more cravings today than any other. I have no idea what brought it on if it was just hunger or if I'm just pregnant. The day started out normal enough. I had a sesame bagel with vegetable cream cheese for breakfast it was delicious and it was all downhill from there. Upon completion of the first bagel I wanted a second this time with peanut butter. Lightly toasted with smooth creamy nutty peanut butter. Sadly, I was lacking for peanut butter at the time. The day moved along and I wanted yummy steamed cauliflower in creamy gooey cheese sauce. My mouth watered all day I was unable to shake the thoughts of these delicious treats. I remembered my craving from yesterday deliciously juicy medium rare steak. I could almost taste the beefiness! I was fixated on this pile of yummy treats and the pile kept growing... Next came coffee ice cream cool and creamy rich and yummy. Then stupid me start sharing my cravings with co-workers before too long sushi, Authentic Japanese Ramen, fried chicken, cinnamon rolls, Nachos, cookies, crab legs and all other manner of seafood jumped on top. There were also thoughts of pepsi followed by a thirst for mineral water which has replaced pepsi in my world for the time being... Then I came home and started reading my food blog oh me oh my along came donuts to the pile and a yummy greek Gyro! Add in my non-stop cravings for Eggs Benedict with runny yolks, soft warm yeasty bread and port of subs. I think if thoughts and cravings could make you gain weight I would have far exceeded the recommended 15lb weight gain my doctor suggests. Good thing I'm still down by 7lb from my pre-pregnancy weight!! YIPPEE! Its also a blessing Steve and I really only go to the store once a week so I didn't have anything really on hand to eat any of these things! That will probably be my secret to not gaining 50lbs... Sure is fun to think about tho...


On a side note its been day #2 of heartburn. There's hope my baby won't be bald!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're making me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Lol!! Silly girl. Don't think about food and you won't crave it. Good thing you don't go to the store everyday....I fixed my guac craving tonight and it was yummy.
I Love You!!!

Mom