Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grandma's advice... not taken...

Do you ever hear the wisdom of old friends or family in your head when you do something... I've been feeling pukey and pregnant for about 2 weeks now. I still have not thrown up (Praise God!) but I have certainly felt like I could in addition to those waves of nausea and clamping my hand over my mouth so as to hold in anything that may be trying to come out. I have heard my Grandma in my head repeatedly.
Now, I'd give anything to hear my grandma's voice again I miss her nearly every day and I can only imagine what she'd have to say about the possibility of a new baby for her to love. She loved babies she loved being a Grandma! My grandma made me feel like I was her favorite grand kid. I'm sure she didn't have favorites but she really made me feel like I was it. I was always Grandma's girl. She told me this, she'd hold me and hug me when I cried and say "Be Grandma's big girl Deaira." When I was with Grandma I didn't feel like a little kid I felt like her buddy.
Grandma had other wisdom too... She was around quite often when I was growing up. I'm thankful for that! The wisdom I've heard repeatedly in my head the last 2 weeks... "Just throw it all up Deaira you'll feel better" Now really what kind of advice is that? Who likes throwing up ever... Grandma was generally right tho I'd throw up after hearing her encouragement 100 times and then she'd bring me 7 up and tuck a sniffling sick little me into bed and it would all be better when I woke up :) Somehow I don't think that applies to pregnancy. I fear if I were to listen to Grandma's voice inside my head it would start a horrific cycle of toilet hugging I'd really like to avoid... FOREVER!
I think I've decided the best thing for me to do is just remain horizontal as much as possible which is convenient cuz napping seems to be my new favorite pass time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, it's definately different with pregnancy. Trust me, you don't want to throw up whenever you feel the need. It's much nicer to just feel like you need to. ;)

Charel said...

i always felt better after throwing up cuz if not i would just feel like crap all day until i threw up and after i could actually function till i got nauseous again. if i had the feeling i needed to puke id chug sprite 2 make me throw up 2 get rid of that feeling and with sprite the throw up didnt taste as bad lolz