Sunday, April 5, 2009

umm who doesn't love....

CHEESECAKE!!! Thats right I said it... Cheesecake is so delicious so satisfying not too sweet a little tangy creamy smooth and so rich it hangs onto your fork because the fork can't bear to part with it. I found this recipe when I was in Texas. It was my Aunt Lillian's birthday and she loves cheesecake but she'd never had REAL cheesecake just the no bake kind so in an effort to do something sweet for her (and also cuz well I missed eating REAL food) I baked her a cheesecake and schooled her in real cheesecake. I have many recipes for every flavor imagineable and even some for straight up normal cheesecake but this recipe is the easiest I've found. ( I found it on the foodnetworks website) the only real inconvenience of it is time. If you have a day before you need the cheesecake and an 8 inch springform pan you're in business! Its simple quick and I think its so easy it makes GOOOD cheesecake a real possible tangible easy to make dessert for anyone... I call it Texas cheesecake cuz thats when I discovered the recipe :)

TX cheesecake

Ingredients
Crust:
2 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature

Cheesecake:
24 ounces cream cheese (3 8 oz pkgs)
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Make the Crust: Stir all ingredients with fork and press into 8-inch springform pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Make the filling: Allow the cream cheese and eggs to sit out for about 1 hour before mixing. Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a mixer on low speed. Add the eggs 1 at a time; then add the vanilla.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 275 degrees F for 90 minutes. Turn the oven off but do not open the oven door for 3 hours. Refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from the pan.

Serve and enjoy! I haven't tried modifying this recipe just yet i imagine it would be very easy to stir some chocolate chips in and of course you can always top with fresh fruit or compote.... i can't think of a reason you couldn't get creative tho...

2 comments:

Lindsey Briggs said...

I can't believe how simple the ingredients are... sounds like a fun day of cheesecake making! thanks for sharing :-)

your fav lil sister said...

mine has just about the same ingredients i think and it only takes 40 minutes to bake and a couple hours in the fridge and its perfect! plus its prettier than yours which makes me very proud! lolz and very yummy!