Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Great Wedding Dress Debacle...



It was Thursday June 5th. I went over to Mom's house early that day to get some stuff done decided to take a power nap before I dove in to all the stuff on my to do list... I laid down and peacefully rested for 15 min when I heard Mom walk in the house saying my name sounding so excited. I met her at the bedroom door and there in her hand was a pillow shaped package that could only contain the one thing I've been waiting for in the mail.... MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!
In a flurry there were 3 womentearing into the package and fluffing tulle. My mom who was telling us to go faster so she could get to work, my sister who just couldn't wait to see it and me the blushing bride so excited and glowing at the possibility of FINALLY looking on the dress I'll wear on my wedding day.... We tore into it and I stripped down in a whirlwind. We exclaimed over the dainty pearl detailing we ran our hands luxuriously thru the soft airy chiffon... and before I knew it Charel was slipping the dress over my head... I felt it slide on and with it slid on a little bit of my excitement and joy. This was it finally after all that waiting... after 27 years of dreaming about my wedding... my wedding dress was here and I could try it on and everything was going to be....
WHAT Mommy I can't get my arm in the sleeve.... and she couldn't zip it....
My beautiful (and it is sooo amazingly beautiful) wedding dress is too small... My "supposedly" custom made wedding dress is too small... I am at a loss as to what to do next... Of course I emailed the company I purchased it from right away and implored how they would be willing to help me they said send up $90 for shipping with your correct measurements and we'll send you a new dress... well that's all fine and well but I sent them the correct measurements the first time and they didn't change I double checked them after I got the too small dress of dreams and I didn't grow... my other option find a local seamstress to help with the alterations... ok I did that she informed me the dress is 6 inches too small.... and she would need 5 yards of each kind of fabric (Chiffon, satin and taffeta) to make the dress fit... I have no idea what to do this is my dream dress this is literally the dress I see myself in when I imagine my wedding... I did everything right I was professionally fitted and measured. I bought and wore all of my underwear for the wedding to that fitting... I converted all of my measurements into inches and cm since my dress was being made in China I wanted to eliminate any confusion... I did everything above and beyond right... in some cases I even added an inch or 2 to my measurement to ensure that in that one spot I'd be comfortable and... sure enough that one spot is where its extra tight... I have another appointment with a seamstress in a week. I'm scared to request a replacement from the company cuz I have no idea what measurements to send them and I'd hate to go thru all of that only to have it still be the wrong size... I just want my pretty dress I wanna put it on and twirl around and feel like the blushing bride I'm going to be... So Saddy Sad.... :(

No comments: