Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The dress debacle continues: A solution...

Finally a solution... after weeks of uncertainty and worrying and wondering what in the world I was going to do... I have a solution... 3 buttons and a yard and a half of fabric.... Who knew it would be so simple... a dress i couldn't even zip... sleeves i couldn't even get my arms in... a seamstress who told me the dress was 6 sizes too small and would require 15 yards of fabric to fix... and the solution is in a yard and a half of white satin and 3 buttons... A family friend and dear teacher from my youth came to my rescue... I spent an hour with her monday we ripped seams and measured here and there... I tried the dress on 3 times... and we found by letting out the sleeves we could almost close the dress 1-2 inches shy of zipping it all the way up GLORIOSKI!!! we can add gussets in the sleeves and a laced panel up the back to give it a corset type look.... She's also going to bustle the train for me... Its soo wonderful such a huge relief... My friend Kelly told me not to worry Janet is a miracle worker and she is. I'm so Thankful I called just to ask if she had advice. Now it seems like it will be an easy breezy painless thing to do that won't cost me much money at all to fix! My beautiful dress will be exactly that my beautiful perfect wedding dress and i get to be a floaty angelic bohemian bride hahaha I'm floating on wisps of chiffon! ok maybe not yet but i will be when its finally finished!








1 comment:

Jooste Roost said...

Yeah! I'm so happy to hear the good news! And what a pleasure to spend some time with Janet :) I miss her dearly. Thanks for the update :)